Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blog Prompt #24

A. Pick two images from any of the “constructed reality” photographers presented in class or linked on the assignment sheet. Describe how you could recreate these two images on a “smaller scale”.
 I think that it will be interesting to try to reconstruct the work of John Heartfield by inserting in more modern people that exemplify some of the natures of the people he was critiquing. It would be done more as a collage, so I would be working more with the scanner that the camera. If I were to recreate Henry Peach Robinson's Lady of Shalott, I think that I would do it by constructing a set similar to the original but with all artificial materials. I would use fake plants and water and even use a barbie doll as the central figure.


B. Describe your plans for your self-proposed final project (if the plan is the same as before, paste it here again and give a bit more detail). During the final critique for Assignment #5, you will discuss/present these ideas to the class.
I think that for my final project I will reshoot and work more with the idea of making lists and becoming overwhelmed. I make my own to-do list for each day, so I will start writing it over my hand to try to get an idea of what I do each day. Some days are more stressful than others, so I think it will be interesting to see the difference. I am even thinking of playing with light projection by projecting my lists upon myself or my friends by using their own to-do lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment