Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Assignment Four




For this project, I approached it more as a set. The goal was to look deeper into the process of getting a perfect shot. I contrasted what I considered to be a typical, normal fashion photo with the model running into problems with the environment.
For the first two, the location came as an accident. I was planning on shooting outdoors on campus, so I parked my car in the parking structure. Luckily for me, the lighting happened to be AMAZING and was projecting the beams of the lot onto the ground. We set up there to start shooting and got some really good images. My model was fully committed to falling and we kept pushing that aspect of the shot until her leg got sore.
After I felt safe with those shots, we went over into the field across from the Union. We found a good spot to shoot the other two with little distracting factors. I had to shoot her backlit so that my shadow wouldn't get into the shot. The photos are actually quite beautiful in color too. Overall, I think that I got the shoot to go well and was very fortunate to have my model (my wonderful best friend Katie) be so willing to take direction.


After Critique
A few people told me that it seems less like fashion photography than I had hoped. They said that there should be more emphasis on the clothes as opposed to the sets, but the overall response was positive. They also recommended printing out the bottom two in color, which I did not disagree with, but I didn't pursue because I didn't want to disrupt the set. Thinking back, I think that I should have printed out larger on 8 1/2 x 11 so that it would be closer to the size of a real magazine. However, I am happy with the prints and I will probably use them as portfolio pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment