Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why do I always forget to post these?

 This is the beginning of my little story, which starts with me reading over my schedule for the week.
 The next is when the lists start to flow on my hand, to which my hand resists.
 More text is pouring out, and my hand gets more agitated.
 The full coverage is laid out, as well as some sort of acceptance of what has happened.
 Then comes the marker, which starts checking off what has been accomplished.
 More things are getting crossed out, including things on my hand.
 The final "mark-down" (very punny)
 Washing away the evidence of all of the stress and turmoil of the week.
Finished!

The project was kind of a personal reflection of my stress level and how I've been trying to deal with it. Its not really an exaggeration, since I was pulling from lists that I myself had made over time. The photo set is like some sort of victory so it is supposed to have a more positive tone than the practice photos that I had previously made. The process itself was kind of frustrating, since I had to rely on both tripods and my boyfriend to take the pictures. Self timers can get to be extremely tiresome, and boyfriends can't ever keep shots in focus. I think that I am going to invest in one of those hand held shutter things so that if the situation ever arises again that I will be more self sufficient and sane.
After the class critique, someone pointed out that I should switch the last two for a better flow. I'm not sure if I completely agree since I think it might be weird to have something say 'all done' and then have an additional photo follow it, but it was interesting to hear another person's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment